Alfonso Morini, born in 1892, began
producing a three wheeled truck in 1937. As many manufacturing plants did during
WWII, Morini began producing military equipment. The factory was heavily damaged
from Allied bombs but was one of the first factories to be rebuilt after the war
ended. Morini died in 1969 and the company was left to Morini's daughter,
Gabriella, to operate which she did until the company was taken over by Cagiva.
The new owners let the name die a natural death as Cagiva concentrated their
efforts on one of their other famous marquees, Ducati.