Maico M150

 

 

 

Make Model

Maico M150

Year

1950

Engine

Single cylinder, two stroke

Capacity

143 cc / 8.7 cub in.
Lubrication Oil bath
Oic/Fuel Mixture 1:25
Cooling System Air cooled
Fuel system Bing carburetor
Exhaust Twin, chrome
Ignition 6-Volt Noris alternator with battery ignition
Starting Kick

Max Power

4.8 kW / 6.5 hp
Transmission 3-Speed, manual
Final Drive Chain
Frame Double closed tube
Front Suspension Twin shocks
Rear Suspension Swing arm, twin springs
Wheels Steel, laced wire spokes
Front Tyre 2.50 x 19 in.
Rear Tyre 2.50 x 19 in
Front Brake Drum, 125 mm
Rear Brake Drum, 125 mm

The Maico M150 was built from 1948 to 1950. It is based on the M125 and was delivered either with "Geradewegfederung" back or rigid frames.

Typical for motorcycles this era was the bolted frame with front forks, brakes and hub and half saddle. A pillion saddle was a retrofit option. This can be seen in photograph above.

Unlike most motorcycles of the 50's, there was the Maico was painted in both black and a bright green color.

Just like any Maico's of this time, the vehicle was equipped with a 3-speed manual transmission.